Friday, February 12, 2010

First Family Bike Ride

Well, today something happened that I never thought would. Our entire little family (this includes Michael, folks) went on a bike ride today. It was wonderful. My dear cousin Matthew gave Michael a supersweet bike to ride and it fits him perfectly. He got it last week and has already taken it on a couple rides by his lonesome. I got a bike in early January and have also been riding it solo, tugging the kids along in the bike trailer behind me. Today, though, we joined forces and took on the world... well, not the world, but a little route on the roads around our house.
For those of you who know Michael, I'm sure you realize that this was a pretty big deal for us. We walk together all spring, summer, and fall almost every day, but apparently there is something about riding a bike all the time on your mission that takes the love of it out for some people for awhile (i.e. my fabulous husabanda). So finally he loves it again, and we have the bikes and smiles to prove it!

1 comment: