Sunday, January 26, 2014

This is my story of transition, as condensed as I could manage it. If you are wanting more, please ask me, rather than guessing or hypothesizing...

Basically, I was born and raised LDS, and I would never allow myself to consider the fact that maybe the things I was taught to believe were wrong. Over the course of my membership, I constantly encountered doctrine within the church that I would disagree with. I would label it "Mysteries of God", set it to the side, and continue on living with a split soul. About 3 months ago, I was standing in my bathroom, and suddenly, as though a bubble had popped in my head, I was confronted with the fact that the church conflicted with the very basics of morality that I held as sacred inside of me, and, because of this, could absolutely not be true for me. Within the period of three seconds I went from full believer to a person who was shocked that I had ever found a place in my mind that allowed me to believe. It was done and cannot be undone. I look at the person that I existed as for the past 30 years, and I see a stranger. Everything is changed, everything is bright, everything is clear, and my soul is whole. I know that this hurts many of my friends and family, and I absolutely understand, because I would have felt the same way even 4 months ago. It's ok to feel sad about this and confused about it. Just know that my love has never been pretend, and has always been authentic. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I came across your blog because of Facebook and I just have to say, I love you. Thanks for having the courage to live true to you! I left the LDS church 4 years ago and it was a very long, soul wrenching process. I am grateful your transitions seem to have been much quicker.

    I wish the very best and happiness! Beautiful things are in store for you as you now live in harmony within yourself and with your soul truth!

    *HUGS*

    JoAnna Ashley :)

    ReplyDelete