Monday, May 24, 2010

Tha Zoo: where ya' dun learnt abowt aminals and stuff!

While on a recent trip to the zoo, the children where posing with the various animal sculptures. This is a picture of sweet baby Bella doing that which I have just described. As my children crawled into some prehistoric eggshells with grins all a-cheese, I heard an exclamation behind me, "Mom! Mom! I want to go sit on the hump-back mule!" I turned to see an 8 or 9 year-old girl run up and jump onto the back of the camel sculpture with a look of exquisite joy on her face. 

The humpback mule.
and Neils, Guin, and the mother.

4 comments:

  1. That's ridiculous. (And made me laugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way kids perceive and describe their world. One time, when we were at the movies, some of the characters onscreen mentioned a sauna (of all things). A kid behind us asked his mom what a sauna was and so she went into a long explanation of how it's built of cedar and then they pour water over hot rocks to create steam and you wear a towel in, etc. The child, with obvious impatience replied, "Oh, mom, just say 'hot place' and I'll know what you mean." We have used that line a lot when faced with someone going into excessive detail when a simple line would suffice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahahaha do u have pictures of the kids on the carousel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I haven't downloaded my pictures yet, tho. I just stole these from your facebook...

    ReplyDelete